To make it as easy as possible for you to book a Snoworks course we have arranged on almost every course date travel and/or accommodation options that can be booked through Snoworks. We have termed all services extra to the Snoworks ski course as 'Other Services'.
Depending on the course other services can include:
• Travel and accommodation.
• Accommodation only with you organising your own travel.
• Transfers from the airport if you have booked your own flights.
• On some specialist courses other services such as entry fees, ski passes, other forms of uplift including the use of skidoos and snowcats, other off snow activities including but not limited to; white water rafting and other water based activities, horse riding, tyrolean slides, climbing, basketball, volleyball and fitness.
• On Gap courses this also includes other professional services such as first aid courses and ski instructor training and assessment courses along with train travel.
* On race training this includes the use of designated 'stades'.
We use many different types of service providers including:
* Tour operators including but not limited to; Mark Warner, Silver Ski and Inghams.
* Chalet Operators including but not limited to; Auberge and Chalets Sur La Montagne, Pleisure Holidays.
• Local hotels including but not limited to; Hotel Jolanda Sport Gressoney, Hotel Altis Val Vert Brides Les Bains, Hotel Rindererhof Hintertux.
• Service providers including but not limited to; Amity Travel Chile and Argentina.
* Travel Agents including but not limited to; Natalies Travel Australia.
• Transport companies including but not limited to; Showtrain Chamonix.
• The British Association of Snowsport Instructors.
• Other individuals and companies.
• Local service providers including but not limited to; lift companies, club des sports, securite des pistes.
You will need to read and agree to:
1. The Snoworks ‘Other Services’ booking conditions.
2. The booking conditions of the service providers that your accommodation, travel and other services are booked with.
By booking any other services by telephone, email or letter with Snoworks you will be agreeing to both the Snoworks Other Services Booking Conditions and the Booking Conditions of the other service provider and will be bound by them. If you are booking on behalf of others you will also be taking on responsibility that the other members of your group have read and agree to them. Please read them carefully and if there is anything you are unsure about please contact us immediately. How to find details of the Booking Conditions of the other service providers your booking involves can be obtained from the Snoworks office. Please contact us if you require them. Snoworks cannot be held responsible for the failure of not reading them. If the other service providers do not have Booking Conditions or equivalent you will be bound by the Snoworks Booking Conditions.
Any monies paid in advance (of your departure date) for other services are held in a Snoworks trust account and are only used
to pay the service provider in the following circumstances:
1. The service provider that we are booking your other services with have financial security arrangements in place either through bonding, insurance or the operation of their own trust account.
2. You return from your holiday/ski course so the service has been provided.
3. We are paying for other official ski courses provided by the British Association of Snowsport Instructors such as those included in Ski Instructor Gap Courses.
When booking any other services through Snoworks you must take care in reading all the relevant documentation on the Snoworks website and on the website of the service providers. This information along with any emails and/or letters will go towards portraying an accurate picture of what you have booked.
Your contract for other services will be direct with the service providers. Should any problems arise between you and the service providers such as an accident or any dispute whatsoever, you will be required to take the matter up directly with the relevant party concerned and not Snoworks. Snoworks is not liable for accidents or disputes involving other service providers.
The standard of the accommodation varies. Variations can include but are not limited to; room size, beds, ensuite or shared facilities, baths or showers, distance from the ski lifts, quality and quantity of meals, choice of meals, inclusive or exclusive wine with meals and the standard of the wine, afternoon tea and cakes provided or not provided, hotel or chalet facilities, drying facilities. It is important that you have a true idea of what you have booked. Accommodation is described on the Snoworks website along with any correspondence between yourself and Snoworks. It will also be described on the service providers own website and brochure if they have one. Please read everything carefully and if you are unsure that the service will meet your expectations please contact the office prior to booking for clarification. For more in depth details on the service providers' accommodation the Snoworks office can direct you to the appropriate place. Please do not book the accommodation if it looks like it will not meet your expectations.
The positioning of the accommodation varies along with the rooms within each hotel or chalet. Ski resorts can be noisy places. There can be late night activity from party goers along with early morning activity of snowploughs and refuse collectors. We cannot gauratee the level of noise you will experience in the accommodation you book. In some cases rooms are closer to bars and will experience more late night activity. Also when sharing rooms we cannot gaurantee the noise level from your room partner (snoring). We strongly advise you to take and use some form of noise reduction such as earplugs. We cannot gaurantee that you will be able to change either your room, accommodation or room partner once you booked and paid for your accommodation.
We have many skiers coming on Snoworks by themselves who return year after year. It's a great way to meet other like minded skiers and to meet other skiers who ski at a similar level to yourself. In many cases strong friendships have been formed and have formed the basis for very social skiing groups and trips in the future. It is often very difficult to secure single rooms as a single traveller. On some weeks we can organise single rooms normally with a supplement. We can place you in a female or male share at no extra cost where there is a sharer available; on some of our weeks there will be an under occupancy supplement payable if we are not able to find a sharer. Please refer to the office for costs.
You can reserve accommodation and travel (where advertised) to go with the Snoworks ski course by calling our office and paying a deposit of £125. The full amount is due within 10 weeks of your departure date. If booking within 10 weeks of your departure date the full amount is required on reserving your space. We cannot reserve any spaces in accommodation until we have received a deposit. Full balance must be recieved within the specified time. Notices will be given if final balances are not received and failure to pay final balances within the specified time could result in the holiday being cancelled with no refund of the deposit paid.
On some weeks where ‘accommodation only’ is booked
you can organise your own flights and book a return transfer with
Snoworks from the airport to the resort. We have organised transfers to
depart and arrive from designated airports at specific times. These are
advertised on our website and details can be found by following links
from the specific course date.
Booking Your Own Outbound Flight: We advise on leaving at least 1 hour between your flight arriving and the advertised transfer time departing from the airport.
Booking Your Own Inbound Flight: We advise on leaving at least 1.5 hours between the advertised transfer time arriving at the airport and your flight departing.
The transfer will need to depart at the advertised time. If for any reason you will not make the advertised time please call a Snoworks representative on one of the contact numbers advertised towards the end of these booking conditions to let them know. You may need to organise and pay for a private transfer when you arrive at the airport. This may be covered on your insurance. Please check your policy.
You will be bound by the cancellation charges of the service provider your booking is made with. If the service provider your booking is made with does not have booking
conditions you will be agreeing to the following cancellation charges per person booked:
Prior to 70 days before departure ....Loss of the deposit of £125
29 to 70 days ...............................Loss of 50% of full amount payable
28 days or less .............................Loss of 100% of full amount payable
Tour Operators will be adding a charge for ski carriage. Please let our booking office know in advance if you intend to carry skis on your flight. Failure to book and pay for ski carriage in advance could mean that the airline may refuse the carriage of your skis when checking in at the airport or may make an extra charge at the aiport. If booking your own flights please check with the airline.
Check your passport is up to date. Some countries require that your passport is valid for a further 6 months from the date of your return.
If you have any complaints please see a local representative of the service provider or a Snoworks representative during your stay. The Snoworks representative will aim to help rectify the problem as soon as possible if they can. Failure to speak with anyone during your stay could invalidate any complaint you may choose to make after your return. If you are still unsatisfied on your return please write direct to the service provider and to Snoworks.
This is Snoworks’ Privacy Statement. It sets out how we deal with your personal data. If you have any queries about this statement, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. "Personal Data" is any data that identifies you. The Personal Data
which you supply to us you agree will be true. We will deal with your
Personal Data in compliance with the current UK Data Protection Act
1998. Please note this applies only to Snoworks, not to other companies'
or organisations' websites to which we may link.
2. Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by Snoworks for the purposes of providing the Snoworks service to you and the other purposes mentioned below. Personal Data may also be processed and used by such other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing the Snoworks service to you. The use of information will remain under the control of Snoworks at all times and WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH OTHER COMPANIES not involved in the supply of Snoworks-related services.
3. We may also contact you via email, post and text message to make you aware of news and services that we consider may be of interest to you, but only if you have given us permission to do so. At the time of registration we asked you whether you would like to receive additional information about our products/services. If you decided to "opt in" to this service you may at any time thereafter choose to stop receiving this information by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at Snoworks, P.O. Box 100, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 3AN, UK
4. We may collect Personal Data about your usage of the Snoworks service in order to provide a service to meet your needs. However, the data will only be disclosed on an anonymous and aggregated basis not in a way in which you will be identified.
5. Calls. Please note that any telephone calls made to Snoworks may be recorded and/or monitored for training and data protection purposes.
6. Photographs & Video: Snoworks reserves the right to use photographs and video taken during the delivery of its courses and training for reproduction on the Snoworks website or in other Snoworks marketing communications, including but not limited to print or online, without further consideration, accreditation or compensation. Snoworks reserves the right to crop or treat the photographs/video at its discretion. Full names will not be used unless participants express their desire to be identified.
Dialing from UK: 0844 543 0503; From abroad: +44 (0)870 122 5549
Phil Smith 0033 684440748
Emma Carrick-Anderson 0033 680165348
Snoworks Ltd. registered in the UK Number 250125.
(Updated September 2011)