More About The Steeps Course
The steeps course is split equally between coaching and guiding. We bridge the gap. Not only do our coaches know the resort like the back of their hand they help develop your skiing as well. The best of both worlds.
Please note: If booking this course safety is always the number one priority. Routes are selected in relation to prevailing snow and weather conditions along with the level of the group.
On this course you’ll improve your ability to:
- Cleanly and accurately change edges to initiate turns in steep environments
- Steer & control speed accurately in steep environments
- Select lines in relation to prevailing conditions and your skill level
- Control emotions and focus appropriately
From a safety aspect you’ll learn to:
- Negotiate steep terrain safely within a group
- Recognise hazards
- Arrest quickly when needed using a variety of methods
Along with all the other safety considerations when skiing off-piste:
- Companion rescue and emergency procedures
- Reading slopes
- Decision making
- Safe group management
- Using local knowledge
- FACETS click for more info
• Specialist climbing or mountaineering equipment (ropes, crampons, ice axes) are not used on the Steeps Course to access itineraries.
• Itineraries on the Steeps Course are accessible using standard ski touring equipment (skins and ski crampons where necessary) or boot packing with skis attached to your backpack.
• Many itineraries are accessed directly from the ski lifts.
This course does not cater for skiers wanting access to ‘Steep’ terrain requiring the use of climbing equipment (ropes, boot crampons, ice axes).