Vario Groups From Snoworks
Designed to maximize group safety whilst increasing flexibility to cater for client levels and aspirations.
VARIO GROUPS FROM SNOWORKS
For many years now on Snoworks Ski Courses we’ve had the flexibility of moving skiers between groups to cater for ability levels, fitness and aspirations. It’s been one of the top reasons why so many skiers choose Snoworks. Not ‘out of’ your ability level nor skiing ‘well within’ your ability level – just right.
We’ve achieved this by factoring in a difference between the maximum number of ski courses we sell each week against the maximum number of skiers we can teach in any one group. It’s a huge advantage for those coming on a Snoworks ski course and means customers can move between groups as long as we do not go over the maximum number of skiers we can teach in any one group. It also means we can adjust maximum group sizes in relation to safety factors.
CHANGES TO VARIO GROUPS FOR WINTER 2016
This coming season for all winter courses we’ve REDUCED the average number of skiers per Snoworks group we sell to and INCREASED the flexibility in how we manage group levels, aspirations and safety.
EXAMPLES OF HOW VARIO GROUPS WILL WORK
• When skiing off-piste on glaciated terrain the maximum number of skiers per Snoworks group will be 6.
• When skiing off-piste in advanced/expert mountain conditions the maximum number of skiers per Snoworks group will be 6.
• When skiing on-piste working on technical aspects of performance along with developing skills and drills the maximum number of skiers per Snoworks group will be 6, 7 or 8 depending on a number of variables.
• When working in easy to moderate off-piste with low safety issues the maximum number of skiers per Snoworks group will be 6, 7 or 8 depending on on a number of variables.
Being able to adjust the number of skiers per group means we can maintain a balance between creating groups of similar ski level, experience and aspirations whilst also controlling group sizes when safety is an issue. Rather than having a set number of skiers per group all the time whatever the level, circumstances and conditions we can tailor the group sizes depending on a number of factors including:
• Snow, weather and mountain hazards.
• Ski level, fitness, customer aspirations and planned itinerary.
• Local laws, regulations and accepted practices.
Vario groups from Snoworks – Ensuring you get the most out of your time on the snow.
Spring, summer, autumn courses and some Adventure courses (see website for details).
Note: Moving between groups is only possible as long as the maximum number per group for the prevailing conditions is not exceeded.